Saturday, January 19, 2008

Most Frequently Asked Interview Questions

1. Tell me about your career to date:
2. What made you decide that you wanted to be an xxx?:
3. Why did you apply for this job?:
4. How many other jobs have your applied for?
5. Why do you want to leave your current job?:
6. What do you like most about your current job?
7. What do you like least about your current job?
8. What gets you up in the morning and eager for work?
9. What frustrates you?
10. What would you describe as your 3 main strength
11. What would you say is your one main weakness?
12. If I were to ask your boss, colleagues, team members to describe you what would they say?
13. Give me examples of xyz that you have done
14. Give me an example of when you had to solve a difficult problem;
15. Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to do something they did not want to do;
16. Tell me about something that you have done to improve efficiency, reduce cost;
17. Tell me about a time you felt strongly about something but you boss would not support you;
18. Tell me about the worst decision you have made.
19. How would you go about finding out about your new job
20. Have you ever had to discipline or dismiss a subordinate
21. Tell me about the subordinate you have been most proud of, and why?
22. How do prioritize work; give me an example
23. Tell me about a time when you compromised on quality to meet a deadline
24. How do you cope with a sudden increase in work and short deadlines
25. When managing a project what in your experience are the three most important things, and why?
26. What is the biggest challenge you have had to face at work
27. Tell me about a time when you did not agree with something your colleague/your boss was
doing. What did you do
28. Looking back at your career to date what is your proudest achievement
29. What job would you want to be doing in 5, 10, 20 years
30. Why should I hire you?

No comments: